FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: The "IN My Opinion" Show-Torture

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Torture. We know or should know by now the controversy surrounding the Bush Administrations assertions that torture identifies terrorists and their plans are lies. What torture does is undermine the Geneva Convention and opens up and lays bare Bush's enemies to torture American's captured in wars. We must demand that all torture be abolished immediately. And that all articles of the Geneva Convention be strickly followed. The "In My Opinion" Show with Host Ronald Barry Robinson and Friends Mr. Henry Hatter, Attorney Terry Bankert, Mrs Tracy Blackwell is seen on comcast cable television channel 17 every Saturday at 6 P.M. and Wednesday at 8:30 P.M.
Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Would you consider this to be torture?
Have a person kneel on the floor with their arms behind their back. Tie their wrists together with a rope. Loop the rope over a suitable anchor point overhead, and lift the person off the floor far enough so their feet cannot touch the floor. Let them hang there for a couple hours.
This, along with many other "creative" things, was done to a person I know personally in Hanoi in the 60's.
Waterboarding is not torture.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:28 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Yes, torture is torture is torture.

Here is a good article pertaining to what waterboarding really is:

http://www.smallwarsjournal.com/blog/2007/10/waterboarding-is-torture-perio/

Nice to know that we supply doctors and shrinks while this is going on in a possible experimental setting! <sarcasm>

I do not like the way that the Geneva Convention was used as toilet paper by the Bush Admin, it seems to downgrade the status of POW's and gives further reason for our own soldiers to be tortured when in enemies hands, like, "the US doesn't go by the GC why should we?" This is going to be our downfall in this war along with others that come along. I am glad that we were rid of Gonzales, but yet I feel that Mukasey might be better due to his experience.

Defining waterboarding by a yes or no question or any question could set him back. In my opinion. The lame excuse of if we acknowledge this question then the terrorists know what we do to them if caught. Um, if someone hid a bomb in my neighborhood, I don't know if I would have any qualms about them using this....dunno.

Yet at the same time I know of a man that was a German POW in WWII, older Nazi Youth, and became a US citizen because of the way that we treated him during the time that he was detained during the time we had him under arrest...He was scared to death that "we" were going to torture him due to the fact of the propaganda that Hitler spewed.

Is is all "black and white"?

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:08 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree 110% Andi, thanks for passing that along..............

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

the "In my opinion show" is a form of torture?

that is the way the thread reads.

I believe it may be.

but then the term

"torture"

is open to interpretation...thus I'm sure it needs operating definitions in order to be avoided/implemented.

Andi's statement "torture is torture is..." notwithstanding.

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:20 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: