FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: SIX CARS BROKEN INTO ON LEVERN - ALL GO UNREPORTED TO POLICE

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well, Thieves were busy Sunday Night/Monday morning. I got hoe today and was informed. I have rechecked my Video, But after my house roof was replaced and the one camera broken. I don't see who walks down the street anymore. I need to place it higher up on the house again. Guess I'll need to do that soon. Interesting though, that my cars went untouched. Could it be that the only difference between my house and that of my neighbors is that I put up a fence, with gates and locks, Video surveillance, PitBull watch dogs, or when I hear something going on close to my house I come out the door with snarling Pit Bulls and my trusty shotgun?

I’m pretty sure that not one of those criminals that broke into any of the neighbors cars, were not remotely concerned about the effectiveness of the Flint Police Dept. they hit six cars on my street that I know of. I’ll even dare to go as far as to say that they purposely left tons of evidence in the cars, because they already know. That if the Police even showed up. They would bore the victims, ticking them off even more than the destruction to their vehicles, and stereos that were stolen, with excuses about how difficult it is to get fingerprints of the windows and doors of the cars that were broken into.

I've made a copy of the tape so I can go over it again at work tomorrow more thoroughly. Hopefully I'll hear something that can be identified.

Now what doesn't surprise me. Is not one person bothers to call police. Reason. NOT ONE OF THEM BELIEVE FOR A MINUTE THAT ANYONE DOWNTOWN GIVES A CRAP! Plain and simple. WHY?

1. Would police even bother to investigate? NOPE
2. When police knew who broke into the neighbors house, they had evidence, they had witness testimony, Did they act then? NOPE
3. Would police even if they did show up do anything more than make excuses? NOPE
4. Did my attitude about the Flint police have any influence at all about what these six citizens felt about the Police Dept? NOPE They've lived in Flint long enough to make up their own mind. I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one out there that sees this stuff.
5. When the neighbor on the corner called police about the crackhead, felon, identified thief, was shooting holes in the STOP sign at the corner of Levern, Broadway and Bennett. And not one officer ever showed up. Did he think for a moment that police would show up when his car was broken into and vandalized? NOPE

If Darryl Buchanan really believes for a minute that the Flint police are doing a fine job. He is also hiding his head in the sand. Refusing to take an honest look and approach to the highest priority in the City of Flint. CRIME! And the effectiveness of the Flint Police Dept at fighting it.

I truly welcome the day. When I can be proved wrong on this point. Honestly and truly. I want to be wrong on this point. unfortunately. I'm not!
Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Ted,
According to Eric Mays the police don't really investigate complaints even where the suspects are named. This means the same suspects can commit the same crimes over and over again and increase our crime rate. It does take investigators which I assume are the sargeants to investigate complaints. Sargeants currently make less than patrol officers. According to Mays the Flint police office is not authorized to hire investigators. They can only get investigators by promoting from within. From what I've heard certain houses are notorious drug houses but continue to thrive. From what I've heard some people don't come forward about crimes because police fail to investigate named complaints and there is the potential for "snitches" to wind up dead. Why would you put your life in jeopardy for no reason?

I've also heard we could have some organized crime in Flint. It's obvious we have organized gangs but I wonder how tied in they are with national gangs?

If it makes you feel any safer Ted I think that if I was a criminal I'd rather break into a drug dealers house/car then yours for safety reasons. I'm surprised we haven't had any scared law abiding citizens kill some criminals yet. Have you thought about getting a ccw? I bet if I called you you could get to my house in 10 minutes verses about 2:30 for the Flint police. I think Tony Palladino could have taken out the shooter in his park with a decent rifle with a scope but as it stands the potential killer is still on our streets. If I get the money I might try and help fund a militia in a couple years if I don't see any results at improvements. I find a 2:30 minute response time totally unacceptable. I don't see our government doing enough to protect us but I've heard citizens like you have had pretty good success at protecting themselves. Perhaps we should look at results and what does work and band together and start protecting ourselves??? I'm a very big fan of getting results which is what we need in Flint.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:15 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I love the enthusiasm. I'm not looking to start a militia group.
I do not yet have my CCW, But I will get one soon.
What I do have is Two Pit bulls (one aggressive)
One 12 g Shotgun (always loaded)
Fenced in yard with locked and chained gates.
Video Surveillance with Sound capability so not only do the dogs hear what is going on outside, but so can I.

I resorted to this after:
My house was broken into,
My Car was broken into three times,
My Shed was broken into (by the neighbors next door)
My trash can disappeared (then magically reappeared at the next door neighbors)

The most response I ever got was, “well what do you want me to do about it?”

Yep this Police dept is effective. Effective at not doing anything.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, Did you catch me on the Eric Mayes show the other day?

I never did get through all my points. We kind of got side tracked. He is a blast to talk to. We keep getting off on rabbit trails.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

THat makes twice for my neighbor in less than three years. I used to average 1 crime committed against me or my property every 8 months up until I bought my little red pitbull/sharpai mix. Since I got her. I haven't had so much as a trash can come up missing for THREE years. Now, Authorities in Flint have been talking about banning PitBulls. I guess they are just upset that those dogs do such a better job or protecting lives and property thier crack head buddies won't be able to break into your house and steal your possesions.
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 pm 
rapunzel

Not reporting a crime is the worst thing imaginable. When many that are reported are not being investigated then add the unknown.

after you saying this...I have looked further and not reporting is prevelent.

Take the statisics on crime and double them. sad, sad sad!
Downward spiral? We have got to pay attention. If not the authorities then who?

Arlington Crime Watch 6pm thurs. at St. Mary's on Franklin. This should run late, Jerry so be there!

RAP
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:55 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thanks, I don't get off work until 6. You say it should run late. I'll try to stop by,

I keep preaching that, "It's not a "conspiracy of silence" or an "attitude of unwillingness" that keeps people from testifying. It's the years of continued failure, and refusal of Police to do even the bare minimum when it comes to arresting and catching criminals.

None of these people believed for a minute. That if they wasted their time calling police. Any of them would even bother to show up. (This is a fact, they usually tell you t send them a list of what was stolen) The Police have no intention of doing anything about it. (ie Investigate it, gather evidence).

We have seen that after your house has been broken into, all your guns, gun safe, hunting equipment stolen, Witnesses turn in the suspect, Police know where the guns are, The suspect shoots one of them into the Stop sign at the corner. THE MOST RESPONSE FROM ANYONE DOWNTOWN IS. REPLACE THE STOP SIGN! [color=#][/color] http://www.cityofflint.net/see_i_told_you_so.htm

I don't know about anyone else. But, refusing to arrest, prosecute or even interview, the guy who broken into the house, shot one of the guns in the street, Pawned some of the stuff he stole with his own Drivers License. Doesn't give me any confidence whatsoever, that the Flint police are remotely concerned with fighting crime in Flint. Maybe someone can explain how they are? But, from what I've seen. I don't see how anyone, with a reasoning level over a three year old, could look at what they are doing down there and come to the conclusion. "They are doing a fine job".

Rapunzel, I would love to post your first hand account of the arrests over at Williams School. That one where the community group complained to the "NEW COMMUNITY POLICING POLICE OFFICERS" and after months of 911 calls and calls to police by the School and citizen in the Neighborhood. They finally THAT VERY NIGHT! actually did something. Arrested the guys hanging out there with Guns and Drugs.

BTW, I was thrilled that STOP sign was replaced. It was pretty difficult to know what kind of sign it was with all them bullet holes in it. I wonder if they kept or even checked the old one for evidence. At least to see what caliber weapon was used. 5.56x45mm NATO / M855 Oops, I’m not even a police officer or a weapons expert and I know what caliber it was. Wait, that’s because we know what gun and who it was that shot it.
I feel so much safer now that I have a cell phone. Because if I get pulled over by the Flint Police I can always call 911 and get a real officer, Say the County Sheriff or State police.
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:02 am 
rapunzel

Jerry,
actually the meeting was in the evening and the COPS officer arrested two the next day. I was not at the arrest so I can not speak first hand.

I can say citizens followed up on this and the city then made the building (pool) adjacent to a school less accessable to criminals.
The people as a group made a difference!!!

Now, I just received crime stats from the Eastside from july to dec. 2005. Burglary forced entry 223 w|o forced entry 43 and other larceny offences about 300. Stolen property possessing----1.

This is a brief over view and many factors come into play. So this is not to be quoted.

I have to do more research on what funded these statisics and what these officers were focused on. If they were paid by a grant to research only certain things like drugs that is not shown. I didn't notice this data until after the meeting. Give me a minute.
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

rapunzel,
I made it to the meeting. I’ve got that same overview in front of me right now and I've been reading through it this morning.

I'm a bit confused about something. How come Weed & Seed is providing funding for specific crime concerns. Yet, nothing is really getting done.

Weed & Seed gave X Dollars: (Examples)

20,000.00 to fight/clean up weapons/drugs. (Isn't that already part of the normal job of Police)
15,000.00 Blight/Nuisance/Alum/Aban veh. (I thought THE DON was responsible for fighting blight and clean up and he was paying that out of his own pocket; Nuisance: Isn't that what was covered under the 40 Community policing officers and the millage; Alum: With 15,000 I could have enough cameras installed in houses close enough to video people stealing siding, which happens every time a house is abandoned or put up for sale with no one living in it. AGAINM NOT ROCKET SCIENC TO FIGURE OUT THE NEXT HOUSE TO BE TARGETED; Aban veh: Again, I thought the 40 super-cops were responsible for doing this under the millage?)

Weed and seed is paying the Flint Police additional monies to do their jobs, Warrant/arrest sweeps, etc

I can understand providing funding for the jail and other things I see on this list. I even think those are some pretty good areas to spend the money. I just don't understand with the excessive amount of police officer in Flint. We should be the safest city in the USA. Especially when you look at the amount of money they have budgeted, PLUS grant money for special projects, that are nothing more than supplementing the budget to just pain do their job.

The meeting was pretty enlightening. I met Tony the other day. I SEE THAT I"M Not the ONLY ONE that sees this stuff. I hope I can work with him to help bring light to more fo these situations.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well I was wrong. I broke down and actually made an effort to talk to my neighbors. Considering I've not trusted many of them since I discovered some of them were the ones breaking into my house and car. But those people are long gone.

What was I wrong about? They were reported. ONly they received the response I would have expected from our illustrious police dept. "There's nothing we can really do."
I also discovered why the cops were at the house across the street two nights in a row a few weeks back. Their house was getting broken into while they were home. I'm going to go ahead and get the Infared cameras and point them down the street. I'm tired of this crap. If the Flint police aren't going to waste thier precious time fighting crime. Someone s going to have to. This is getitng out of hand. I would prefer to work with police. But they really don't seem interested in doing anything more than making excuses.

My goal, remove crime from my street. From the broadway and bennett corner to woodrow. Weve given the police 10 years to actually do something. I'll bet I can get thrown in jail faster running off criminals. Than criminals can for committing crimes. I guess I'll find out whose been protecting the bastards. GOing to have to program in the State police and Sheriffs dept phone numbers. If we need police presence. Might was well actually call the good guys! Or at least someone who isn't going to BS us about not being able to finger print or interview suspects. Oh, and I'm going to update my Crime page. FOund out that not only did the guy on the corner call police about the buy who was shooting holes in the street sign that had broken into my nieghbors house and the police knew he stolen his guns. But the police did show up. Only, when the guy drove back by laughing, while the police were right there. He identified the guy as the shooter,(as the car was going by) and police didn't even bother to go after him and pull him over to at least question him. I'm surprised he didn't stick the M16 out the window for police to see. Maybe that would have at least gotten their attention.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:16 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: