FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Council doesn't turn other cheek after mayor cites Bible

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

FLINT - City Council members are accusing Mayor Don Williamson of going biblical on them.

Williamson cited Psalms 64, verses 1-10, in a message to residents published in the Dec. 26 edition of The Courier, the weekly publication of the Concerned Pastors for Social Action.

The verses - a prayer for protection from hidden enemies - refer to "the secret counsel of the wicked" who "shoot in secret at the perfect." Later, the verses say, "But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded."

Council Vice President Carolyn Sims said she takes Williamson's comments as meaning he believes the council is his enemy, which offends her. She said citing the passage is hypocritical because the message also touts Williamson's efforts to compromise. The two sides are warring over city finances.

"I just think it was bad taste," Sims said. "We should continue to keep church and state separate. " I take it personally because I know what's in the Bible."

"Their comments aren't worth commenting on," Williamson said.

Full Story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-25/1105032016218990.xml
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: