FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Flint Journal

Topic: What The Flint Journal didn't report in 1967

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The next Flinn's Journal in the July issue of The Uncommon Sense will talk about a significant rock concert which took place at Atwood Stadium in August of 1967. One of the musicians at the concert turned 21 that day and his birthday party after the concert was certainly one to remember. Those are the hints. Can you guess what it's about? Again, you will not find it in The Flint Journal back in 1967. I checked the microfilm files in the Flint Public Library to confirm that.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:02 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

The Who Concert & Keith Moons 21st Birthday Party===they stayed at the Holiday Inn...
What do I win?
Velda

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

That's correct. You get our applause. The Who was not the headlining act at the concert. They got second billing. Which act played first and which was the headlining act? The winner will get our standing ovation.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:15 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

The Who opened for Herman's Hermits

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
insider
F L I N T O I D

The Blues Magoos and Hermann's Hermits.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:53 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Insider gets the standing ovation! Velda gets additional applause.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:44 am 

am i the only one here who went to see hendrix at the i.m.a. in those days?
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:13 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I saw his ghost last week.

he was with Morrison & Moon too.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:35 pm 

It wasnt Moon's birthday he was only 20 so they lied to the hotel manager so they could drink, then he drove a car into the empty pool knocking out two of his front teeth. Doesn't anybody watch TV anymore. How about the time that Jim Morrison pissed on the crowd in Flint?
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:40 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
It wasnt Moon's birthday he was only 20 so they lied to the hotel manager so they could drink, then he drove a car into the empty pool knocking out two of his front teeth. Doesn't anybody watch TV anymore. How about the time that Jim Morrison pissed on the crowd in Flint?

The drinking age in 1967 was only 18. Why would he have to lie to the Hotel Manager?

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Anonymous schreef:

The drinking age in 1967 was only 18. Why would he have to lie to the Hotel Manager?

it was probably their nature to lie to authority figures...they were the WHO dammit!

talkin' 'bout my generation...

"How about the time that Jim Morrison pissed on the crowd in Flint?"

geez, like that has never happened before!

Morrison was the original incontinent rocker. If he were alive, he'd be the Depends spokesman....
[Morrison]"I've had frequent urination problems for a long time"...

[background of him from a concert pissing on people]

..."But it wasn't until I found Depends that I could finally perform and not worry about causing an electrical problem on-stage or dousing my fans unecessarily...Now they don't have to dress like they were attending a Gallagher show! Thanks Depends!"

come to MLIVE, people there piss on Flint everyday! and some dribble on the crowd here too occasionally.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:16 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The last word on Keith Moon's birthday is the marker at Golders Green Crematorium in London, England where Moon's ashes are located. The marker indicates that Keith Moon was 21 when he celebrated his infamous birthday party in Flint. The marker is at http://tinyurl.com/23mv4g

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: