FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Rapunzel

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, You wouldn't have a list of the names and addresses for those on the crime task force. I want to still go ahead and kind of do some crunching to those suggestions and send them to the task force also.

I am thirlled that you gave them a copy of it. You wouldn't have any more input from him about it. Did he scan over it or just file it away? I'm sure he will look it over later.
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

I gave him a whole folder of info I had gathered for him to read later.

Some of the task force members have stepped down. The person picked from the fourth ward councilperson for health reasons. So the question brought up should we ask for these vacant positions to be filled?

No I do not have contacts for all. I have contact with Tyrone. You could send me your final draft. I could forward to him and ask he share with all at meeting. They will be holding other community input meetings across this city, like at hasselbring. I will have to find out the dates, times ect. and post on Flint talk.

I know you don't agree with my position on holding the scrap yards accountable for providing a market for stolen aluminum siding. None the less we are getting results.
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

What kind of results? They can go to one outside the City. And they will. The problem lies with going after the people doing it! Util we focus on the actual criminal Then we are just spinning our wheels and going no where.

Then we should be doing the same with the Pawn shops! We our stolen stuff ends up there. They should be giving it back and taking the loss. Esp if it was reported stolen to the police.
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Some of the task force members have stepped down. The person picked from the fourth ward councilperson for health reasons. So the question brought up should we ask for these vacant positions to be filled?

Only My Opinion, But they put too many over educated people on the committee in the first place. People who are used to bein able to quit doing something becuase their normal jobs allow them to leave work whenever they want to or "Have to". Kids sick, schools out early.

THose of us who work for a living. Can't just up and decide that we need to take a day off. Or time off. We work when we are sick, because we need the money. Look at how many have already quit.

Why don't we have enough people in this city to take on responsibility and finish the job. We have some. But not enough as a whole.

Just my humble opinion.
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:01 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: