FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Robert and Rob EQUAL parenting bike trek!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Robert and Rob EQUAL parenting bike trek!
It is official! August 11th 2007 Robert Pedersen and Rob Mackenzie will start their over 600 mile bicycle trek from the Lansing Capitol to Washington, D.C.. This will be an intense multi-day bike trek through numerous states ending in Washington, D.C. where they will be greeted by thousands of people attending the national rally in Washington, D.C. on August the 18th.

It is simply amazing that two fathers are going to attempt this trip all in the name and support of shared parenting! They do this to protect a child's right to EQUAL time with BOTH fit parents! Many elected officials and supporters will see the riders off at the Lansing Capitol and thousands will greet them in Washington, D.C. www.dcrally2007.com

We are in need of volunteers for this amazing undertaking! We have 100% confirmation that the Michigan media will be documenting this event. The Michigan media that do not cover this incredible story will certainly be in the minority. There is a strong possibility that this may also make national news as well! We have a dedicated media van with supplies. There will be an upcoming dedicated website for this event where you can watch the riders via GPS. There will also be video and photos uploaded in real-time during the entire 600 mile grueling trip.

Please help us with this event! Spread the word in EVERY state and throughout the media! Help protect a child's right to EQUAL time with BOTH fit parents!

Contact us: volunteer@achildsright.net

or visit our volunteer center at http://www.achildsright.net/html/volunteer.html

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Angela Pedersen, R.N.

www.achildsright.net

A Child's Right

President and Co-Founder

Why do states/courts promote divorce and rip children apart?

Ronald Smith of Children Need BOTH Parents, Inc. on the importance of children having EQUAL time, love, guidance with BOTH fit parents.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rpedersen
F L I N T O I D

Thank you Flint Talk for picking up this story/event. Please tell other Bloggers to cover this story as well. It is for a good cause - our children.

This link provides any updates to the post Flint Talk so kindly added.

http://daddy.typepad.com/daddyblog/2007/04/robert_and_rob_.html

Also - Rep Brenda Clack did not support a shared parenting bill from last year. Please contact her and ask her to support shared parenting in Michigan. Michigan children deserve better. Ask her if she supports a child's right to EQUAL time with BOTH fit parents after a divorce; as long as it does not interfere with their school schedule.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Angela Pedersen, R.N.
http://www.daddy.typepad.com

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
laryholland
F L I N T O I D

Robert Pedersen and Rob Mackenzie are doing a wonderful service with this bike trek for equal parenting to encourage reform over policies regarding children and families.

These two gentlemen are encouraging and advocating for the protection of a children's relationship with both of their natural parents without the constant micromanagement the states. Throughout the nation, the states have become accustomed to expansive and instrusive powers over the family through the unrestrained use of specialty family courts, in an attempt to steer federal funding their way.

These two gentlemen have my personal support, and I hope they have yours too.

For more information about the government incentives being used to break up parental relationships you can visit the Nationwide Blueprint for Title IV-D Reform at http://www.nationwideblueprint.com .

For more information about this post you can visit my personal website and blog at http://www.laryholland.com/serendipity/ .
Post Thu May 03, 2007 8:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Robert and Rob EQUAL parenting bike trek!
It is official! August 11th 2007 Robert Pedersen and Rob Mackenzie will start their over 600 mile bicycle trek from the Lansing Capitol to Washington, D.C.. This will be an intense multi-day bike trek through numerous states ending in Washington, D.C. where they will be greeted by thousands of people attending the national rally in Washington, D.C. on August the 18th.

It is simply amazing that two fathers are going to attempt this trip all in the name and support of shared parenting! They do this to protect a child's right to EQUAL time with BOTH fit parents! Many elected officials and supporters will see the riders off at the Lansing Capitol and thousands will greet them in Washington, D.C. www.dcrally2007.com

We are in need of volunteers for this amazing undertaking! We have 100% confirmation that the Michigan media will be documenting this event. The Michigan media that do not cover this incredible story will certainly be in the minority. There is a strong possibility that this may also make national news as well! We have a dedicated media van with supplies. There will be an upcoming dedicated website for this event where you can watch the riders via GPS. There will also be video and photos uploaded in real-time during the entire 600 mile grueling trip.

Please help us with this event! Spread the word in EVERY state and throughout the media! Help protect a child's right to EQUAL time with BOTH fit parents!

Contact us: volunteer@achildsright.net

or visit our volunteer center at http://www.achildsright.net/html/volunteer.html

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Angela Pedersen, R.N.

www.achildsright.net

A Child's Right

President and Co-Founder

Why do states/courts promote divorce and rip children apart?

Ronald Smith of Children Need BOTH Parents, Inc. on the importance of children having EQUAL time, love, guidance with BOTH fit parents.

Please also help us and consider donating for this expensive undertaking!

Donate: http://achildsright.chipin.com/equal-parenting-bike-trek

Post Wed May 09, 2007 11:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

that's great and all, but can you tone DOWN the hyperbole...I mean 600 miles is greuling with a car full of small kids or infants, but on a good bike, in good shape, over-multi days to get there, its NOT like walking on hot coals, or doing the Bataan death march for gosh sakes.

Over say 60 hours, its averaging 10 miles/hour. Heck don't tri-athletes do a 100 mile bike after swimming and before a marathon, in a day?

not that this IS an Ironman competition, but still, gee whiz, stop over-hyping as some death-defing ordeal.

Is just nice symbolism....now if they did the distance on a unicycle, a real tall one...then...thats something.

Post Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 pm 
laryholland
F L I N T O I D

Biggie, you are pretty funny. It would be death defying for a lot of people to up and pedal in 7 days from Lansing to Washington D.C. because there are significant mountains in between the two.

Anyways, I heard Robert Pedersen and Rob MacKenzie speak on Stardust Entertainment Radio last night along with a show that I co-hosted and was pretty impressed.

Thanks for standing up for the right for children to have both a MOTHER and a FATHER and to stop wasting taxpayer resources on subsidizing one over the other or limiting either's interaction with their own children. This will save taxpayers, children, and parents!

By the way I have enjoyed the hospitality of Flint for the past week while I have been recovering from burns to both arms and the abdominal area at Hurley. Flint sure has changed since I lived here when I was a kid!

Check out the two Robs being interviewed on Stardust Entertertainment by checking out this link at http://www.laryholland.com/serendipity/archives/384-Special-Guest-Host-Minister-Ron-Smith-and-Guest-Co-Host-Lary-Holland-Trial-By-Money.html

Lary Holland
http://www.laryholland.com/serendipity
Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: